I’ve always been a fan of having bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, but found the preparation involved quite tedious and time-consuming. In early April I came across a recipethat got me curious.
After some experiments regarding ingredients and cooking technique, this is what I’ve had for breakfast most days in the last six weeks:
Cook Bacon and Eggs in a Mug in 4 Minutes
You’ll need a regular coffee mug, a fork and a microwave oven.
- 2 large eggs
- 1–2tbs ham cubes
- 1tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbs whole milk
- salt, pepper and herbs (optional)
Preparation (90 seconds)
- Put ham cubes into mug.
- Add olive oil and milk.
- Season to taste.
- Crack eggs open and pour into mug.
- Stir the mix vigorously with fork for 5–10 seconds.
Cooking (2 minutes)
- Put mug into microwave oven.
- Cook at 800 watts for 2 minutes.
- Take mug out of the oven and let egg cool down for some minutes before eating.
- Use the fork to eat right out of the mug to save clean-up time.
- Freshly cooked egg is too hot to eat right away, so if you’re in a hurry, break it up on a plate.
- I have a bulletproof coffee with my eggs to kick metabolism into ketosis in the morning.
What is your favorite kitchen hack? Let me know at email@example.com!
Listen to this post: